COVID-19 Miscellaneous Resources
Going online with your youth ministry during COVID-19
Video Conferencing Guidelines:
Principles when using video conferencing
Guidelines: Managing security when using Zoom
For doing ministry safely during the pandemic
A collection of miscellaneous Resources
Not necessarily related to children or young people, but some helpful resources around the general area of caring for vulnerable people in our churches during the pandemic.
This list will be added to regularly.
Work Safe Australia Resources
COVID-19 Information for workplaces
This site has lots of useful information pertaining to workplaces and COVID-19. While churches are not included explicitly, much of the content will have some application to our context eg: Risk Assessment processes related to COVID-19, suggested cleaning regimes (for when our churches are open again).
Looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
The new COVID-19 Mental Health Support Service, from Beyond Blue, will offer free information, counselling and referrals online and by phone.
A great collection of resources for parents and leaders of young people.
Zoom Meetings. – Tips for during video meetings well.
Are you using Zoom for live streaming of church or small church?
See this article for guidelines on doing Zoom meetings securely and well.
Zoom Engagement Guidelines – Youth.
Use this form as a template for your church to use with parents, caregivers and youth.
A very helpful article in identifying some of the sources of stress and adversity in a ministry context during the COVID-19 pandemic. From Tim Dyer, Johnmark Ministries.
Other mental health sites and resources:
- Clergy Assistance Scheme – For Sydney Anglican clergy and their spouses.
- Australian Psychological Society – Tips for coping with coronavirus anxiety
- Headspace – How to cope with stress related to coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Head to Health – COVID-19 Support
Supporting mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19 outbreak
Assoc Prof Peggy Kern Centre for Positive Psychology, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, The University of Melbourne
Wellbeing ideas and resources – general
Wellbeing ideas and resources for leaders
Wellbeing ideas and resources for families
Domestic Abuse resources:
1800 RESPECT – Technology and safety
Helpful tips and hints when working with people vulnerable to domestic abuse while in lockdown.
Tip Sheet for churches(Anglicare)
General Information sheet (Anglicare)
Coronavirus and living on a low income (Anglicare)
- Online safety tips to help older Australians with social distancing
- Helping seniors get online. This article shares some tips and tools for supporting older people to safely navigate the digital world and encourages us to become a Digital Mentor.
- Webinars for older Australians: Staying safe online – COVID-19 edition. The eSafety Commissioner is hosting these free webinar presentations in April to help older Australians stay safer online.